Monday 30 December 2019

2019, thank you and goodbye!

Hello, Lovelies ( Ladies and Lads alike )!


It's been a year, right? And to be blunt, I'm relieved to close the door on it. I'll take the lessons learned, the love and tears ( darling Alfie! ), the triumphs ( Nisha surviving a vicious dog attack, fostering Freya and Pups ) all liberally peppered with a bit of magic in between but also some trollish moments. Thankfully I am made a bit like an Animal shaking water off its fur,  moving forward regardless, treading as lightly as I can manage on this good Earth. It's all too easy to get bogged down in what if's and should have's. Besides, it takes up space for new design ideas!
And so, here we are at the backdoor of 2019! Hurray, we all made it so far, we all survived 100%, even through the worst days. Congratulations!

I'm not going to do a boring overview of all the Crochet Projects I made this year but suffice it to say it was  A LOT! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your astounding support! You motivate and inspire me to keep going ( not that I could actually stop, at least not yet. My Hook is like the Red Slippers tale but hopefully with a happier ending! ). I'm still hoping I'll wake up one morning and find I've sprouted at least two more pairs of arms!

Anyhow, before I start getting all teary-eyed and sentimental about you lot and gushing about how wonderful you have all been, your encouraging comments, your compliments and positive, constructive advice I'll veer off sharply to a fun weekend I've just had. It was on my Summer Hygge list to spend three days with Mr HooksnTales and Roxy at our off-grid Housie in Riebeek Kasteel. It was SOOOOOO HOT that I spent two days lying in the shade of one of the Almond Trees reading If The Cat Fits by Chrystal Sharp, literally prostrate with heat.





Roxy did this most of the time.


























And this. 😁




























5am is the coolest time of the day during our African summer months. 
Roxy and I made the most of this but others were already up!
 Early morning song of my people! 😁



For the most part, Mr HooksnTales and I napped, drank ice-cold cocktails ( Strawberry Virgin Daquiries for Moi, Margaritas for Mr HooksnTales ) and tried to keep cool at some of the local Eateries.


Bay Leaf and Thyme in Riebeek Kasteel. Lovely!


Krem-A-Tart in Riebeek West. The view!



On the third day, we gave up and drove back to Cape Town. I'm always a bit sad to leave the Valley which is incredibly beautiful. Our drive over the Bosmanskloof Pass feels like mounting the ramparts of a secret fortress back into the bustling world of noisy urban living.


Back in Cape Town, doing what I do best on my Hols: lolling about in my pyjamas, taking snapshots of Roxy,  Augusta and Nisha, drinking Coffee and Crocheting on this last day of 2019, which is, I think, exactly how I started 2019! The bit in between then and now got a bit hectic but that's all in the past already.










I think what I'm trying to say is HAVE A WONDERFUL, relaxing and peace-filled last day of 2019. You made it through this year which has for many of us been turbulent on so many levels. As each year passes I am getting so much better at letting things go that no longer make me feel at peace with myself. I'm also learning to up my game when it comes to seeking out those small joys and quietly happy moments in every day rather than gloss over them in search of the Big Thrills.

Now, for a lovely cup of coffee, a cuddle with the Cats, a tummy tickle for Roxy and a spot of simple Holiday Crochet. Secret Garden granny squares ( Scheepjes Secret Garden ). 


Wishing you, dear Friends, all the Very Best of All Good Things for 2020! 
💗 Jen 

PS: YOU ARE ALL GIVEAWAY WINNERS AS I'VE MADE THE GIVEAWAY FREE UNTIL MIDNIGHT 1 JAN 2020. CLICK HERE to get the Midsummer Solstice Mandala Pattern for FREE!




7 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen for a wonderful 2019.Your gorgeous designs provided the ultimate distraction from the troubles and worries of the year.
    I enjoyed riding along with you on the trip home from Reibeek Kasteel but the view was so mesmerising that I didn't want the video to end.
    Big hugs to you and great big cuddles for Augusta, Nisha and Roxy Xx
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite the year, hasn't it dear Noelene! Thank you for being fabulous and funny you through it all. Here's to many more happy yarny years ahead. Big hugs right back.xox

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a very Happy New Year all the way from snowy Ontario Canada. I am curled up myself with my New Year's Eve a.m. coffee, one dog snoring at my feet, a cat curled up on my latest crochet work and my hook beside me --had to put it down to type.

    Thank you for sharing your creativity with us all this year, and I look forward to many more beauties from your hook.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Carolyn! Sounds like you're enjoying a perfect Winter Hygge moment there. :D Thank you for your kind words and wishing you all the best for 2020! xx

      Delete
    2. Hello, Jen. Thanks for sharing all the lovely pics, and for the soundscape as well. You and your camera have a way with dogs and kitties.
      Thank you for the gift of the mandala pattern, it's lovely!
      I'm not much into making New Year's resolutions, but this year I am resolving not to let my heart and mind be poisoned by all the polarization and hatred in the US. It's no way to live. As always, crochet will help me stay calm and centered.
      I want to wish you, and everyone who reads your blog, a year of loving kindness and peace.

      Delete
    3. I am with you 100% on your New Years Resolution! Oh, my furbabes are my constant companions seeing as designing can be quite an isolated occupation! :D And they make such great subjects for snapshots! Wishing you and your loved ones a magical, peace-filled 2020 and let's hope for the best of all good things for our beloved planet and all Beings who depend on her. Hugs!! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year's Jen and to your whole family. I want to thank you for everything, your beautiful designs, listening to your crochet videos and Mr. Tsotros say's "Hey its Jen :)" Here its cold & very windy, and I'm sitting next to the heater and having my big cup of Greek coffee and crocheting, with Steve next to me, and Mr. T. playing with our furry baby. The videos are great, and what nice photos. My love and many hug's to you and your babies, Nisha, Augusta, and Roxy xxx God bless you.

    ReplyDelete