Friday 10 May 2019

Mystery-Make-A -Long and Moms!

Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend, Yarnarinnas!🌷

πŸ’—Happy Mothers Day for Sunday 12 May!πŸ’—



My Father and I were never on good terms and he always told me I was born on a Wednesday
( Wednesday's Child Is a Child of Woe... apparently! ). However, when I turned sixteen my Aunt gave me a "baby book" in which my Mother had kept a timeline of my first baby year... a lock of auburn hair, baby photos and detailed notes, in her neat handwriting, of my first -year milestones, and the first five birthday cards before she passed away so young at 24. This little album is my most prized possession because it's all I have of my Mom. The first entry, she carefully notes "baby's time of birth",  8:15pm, weighing in at 8pnds 4oz, on FRIDAY the 29 August! So much for Wednesday's child! 😊 Fridays have always been my favourite day. Like Monday ( my other favourite day ) they are both the start of something...a new week, a new weekend!

This weekend, wherever you are celebrating Mothers Day in your corner of of the world...whether you are a Mom to Human kids or Furry, Scaley or Feathered kids, I wish you a lovely day and that those who love you make sure you know how important you are to them. If you think about it, we were all Mystery-Make-A Longs at some point ( before scanners! ).

🌼🌼🌼

Today is the beginning, that is, PART ONE: RNDS 1 to 25 of the Hibiscus Tea Floral Block MMAL ( Mystery-Make-A Long ). If you have already purchased the pattern you will have seen that it is already in your Ravelry Library! If you'd like to join in all the fun you can... HERE and HERE! I won't say much about it here seeing as there is oodles of information on the Ravelry pattern page ( scroll down to the NOTES section as well ), and also daily updates on the Group ( THANKS x a million to Noelene Sampey who is so graciously hosting the MMAL ).




































                                                              🌼🌼🌼

Today's colour mood is very bright and fruity! May have something to do with the wonderful weather we are currently experiencing! It's GORGEOUS for Autumn! 🍁

Colours Scheepjes Cahlista 100% Natural Cotton 50g/ 85m
Hook size: 5mm

πŸ‘ Marichi 608
πŸ‘ Tangerine 281
πŸ‘ Delphinium 113
πŸ‘Tyrian Purple 128
πŸ‘Kiwi 205
πŸ‘ Green Yellow 245

🌼🌼🌼

Next up! Winners for last Friday Giveaway where I asked about your favourite Teas!
 * drum roll*

Weaving Heart UK
Scotchchick
Mlbook

πŸ’› CONGRATULATIONS!πŸ’›

This week our Pattern Giveaway is the absolutely lovely Bronwyn Shawl pattern by Toni Lipsey



All you have to do to win a copy of this lovely Shawl is to tell me which day of the week you have a special affinity to, and why this is so. I'm looking forward to your comments! 😊
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK BACK NEXT FRIDAY TO SEE IF YOU'RE A WINNER!

And now dear Friends.... I must away to join in the fun of the Hibiscus Mystery-A -Long!
See you in Crochetland!

πŸ’— Jen




27 comments:

  1. (reposted because I had a typo - LOL!) I love Mondays because it always feels like the start of something new. I run most of my errands that day to get it done for the week. I clean up the house from the weekend, pay bills and settle on crochet projects for the week. So, once Monday is over, the rest of the week is sort of "mine" to do what I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Mondays too for exactly the same reasons, Kris. Don't forget to add your Ravelry name to your post! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Sunday's child is bonny - and Sunday is my best day, a chance to relax and take time out for thing I set aside for the family,

    Jen, your story resonates with me; my father and I also didn't have a good relationship and my mom passed away at 34, so young and just when I really needed her the most on the brink of womanhood.. My father sadly remarried another 3 times and I was definitely Cinderella with wicked stepmothers. I survived of course, but always looked longingly at my mother's sisters interact with their daughters (they were a big fam with 5 sisters and 5 brothers) wondering how it could have been so wonderful if we could have times of shopping and celebrating milestones, alas it was wishful thinking. 40 years later and I miss her every day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I relate to your post with all my heart! Including the Step-Mother ( one was enough! ) and longing for what my cousins had with their Moms. But we survived and I think our Moms would be proud of us for making it this far! I also miss my Mom, so much, every day. Hugs and love to you. xox

      Delete
  3. Jen Tyler The old birthday poem says that " Fridays child is kind and giving" and that's you to a tea.Thanks for all of your kindness and generosity of spirit,it's very much appreciated Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, dear Noelene! xox

      Delete
  4. Jen, you are a gem ! Please don’t underestimate your gifts and talents. You bless and touch so many, just being you, and sharing your gifts with us all. My favourite day is Friday. Because I have a “I don’t cook on Fridays ‘’ thing going on, lol. This gives me extra crochet time ‘yay’. Also Thursday, I really don’t know why, I just love Thursday! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Kathy thanks so much for your encouraging words! Always appreciated! Thursday? THURSDAY!!!?? LOL...I really did laugh out loud. Maybe because it's the day before your favourite day, Friday? :D XX

      Delete
  5. I like Tuesdays, the week has settled down and time to get on with things (usually more crochet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes I can see why Tuesday is a good day! :D xx

      Delete
  6. I think probably Sunday, as my oldest daughter was born on a Sunday, and they were always special days when the children were growing up, as their Dad, worked away most of the week, so Sunday was always a family day, Late brunch or roast dinner depending on what time of year,and then last the rest of the day! Until I had shoes to polish for the start of the week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why Sunday holds a special place in your heart. I always feel a little sad on Sundays. Not sure why though! :D xx

      Delete
  7. Scotchchick here, thank you so much for the pattern!! It’s gorgeous and would look amazing in our daughters nursery, I better get crocheting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hackergal (Pauline Baker)10 May 2019 at 10:20

    I am a Wednesday child and always thought I was a "bad luck child" because it did seem to follow me around but during my life many fantastic things have happened on a Wednesday. Almost 35 years ago my beautiful daughter was born on a Wednesday. So, for me, I've decided that Wednesday is MY day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We can decide where luck is, or not. For example 13 is my favourite number, and Friday 13 my favourite day...so much so that it's also my wedding anniversary! :D

      Delete
  9. Friday has always been my day. I love it because I have just finished the week and I have the weekend to look forward to and finally have time to spend with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At this point in life I think anyday of the week my 6m old Great Dane Puppy doesn't wake me up before 6am. But normally Saturdays are my favorite. It's the quiet day for us. Putter around the house. Laze in the yard now that spring is here (Canada). Nap occasionally... AmyTheGR8 on ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saturday? That is unusual...I'm not fond of Saturdays because we always end up running around doing grocery shopping and it's busy everywhere! :D

      Delete
  11. I am a Thursday's child who has far too go. I still feel the excitement of a child and love to do and try new things. And I love creating. Making shawls for others has been a passion of mine and and especially prayer shawls. I'm passionate about love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like time well spent, Thursdays Child! :D xx

      Delete
  12. My day is Tuesdays. I had all 3 of my kids and was married on that same day, but the real kicker is my three grandkids were born on that same day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's amazing!! Tuesday really is a special day for you! :D xx

      Delete
  13. Oh my Jen, that brought tears to my eyes. Ofcourse a lot of us can relate but a loving mom and loosing her so young! I tried to be all for my sons what I didn't had myself. Lots of trails and errors but we're a tight knit family with the three of us. I even have a cutie of a future daughter in law. So happy with that. My mom said I was bad luck born on friday the 13th. My aunt whispered to me I was born on an other 13th and no friday at all. I choose "moms" in my life that were sweet and wise,older friends, colleagues and others.Thank goodness for that. Hugs dear and what a fantastic pattern and extention ;>*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Tineke, you have been through so much. As you say, we go through life side by side with sometimes many other "Mothers" who also show us, the un-mothered or poorly-mothered, how...by watching their example.. to Mother our own offspring. I remember reading that section in Women Who Run With The Wolves about the challenges facing the un-Mothered and it helped me so much, more than I can express. Love to you my friend. xox

      Delete