Friday 17 May 2019

Take Five and Revive!

Hello again, Lovelies! Friday's Child here ( haha ),

๐ŸŒผ

You're probably laughing at my cheezzzyyy blog title but seriously? How often do you remember to take five minutes ( or more ) just to catch your breath in our hyper-fast-paced World these days? I read somewhere that you can pretty much be mindful anywhere ( not just in a dedicated Meditation spot ). Mindfulness sloooows evvveeerrythiing doooown. It really does. Just try it. Next time you wash the dishes by hand, stop thinking about the shopping list, or the next household chore or the running commentary we have about other people or ourselves...just. wash. the. dishes. One by one, taking care, involving yourself in every cup, side plate and utensil. It will seem as if you have stood there for a week but when you look at the clock...it's been ten minutes. Magic. You have slowed down time. Interestingly, Crochet seems to make time speed by. What are your thoughts on slowing down time, or speeding time up? I am practising Mind Fullness and it is an interesting and therapeutic experience. Gotta try everything at least once, right?

The colourway today is definitely right up my alley. A quiet place to rest mind, body and spirit. We could call it The Revivalist Colour Mood?


๐ŸŒฒ

Many of you probably already know about Philippa Stanton? I've been a fan for many years and her Blog ( HERE ) is an absolute delight. 


She's the author behind this beautifully presented and enlightening book called Conscious Creativity ( which you can purchase HERE ). 



But she is also so much more than an accomplished author and blogger. She's a painter too! What is so unique about her work is that it's all created through her specific "lens" of Synaesthesia. If you're wondering about that you can read more HERE. I often turn to her colour boards for inspiration.
If you're stumped for Colourways...just drool at her Instagram HERE!

๐ŸŒน

My IG find last week ( clearly I have been living under a rock! ) is Zoya Matyushenko over at HERE and HERE.  If you're a big Grace Fearon fan then you'll also love Zoyas gorgeous doily designs. As soon as I laid my eyes on this beautiful, intricate design HERE I knew it was our Friday GIVEAWAY for three lucky Winners. 


All you need to do to enter is tell me which is your favourite colour and why. Don't forget to leave your Ravelry name in the comments so that I can send you your pattern! 

The Winners for last weeks Friday Pattern Giveaway will have received their patterns 
SO PLEASE DO CHECK YOUR RAVELRY LIBRARY or messages! 

๐ŸŒน

Before I close off I must say...THANK YOU ALL for the absolutely lovely colourways I am seeing for HIBISCUS TEA! If you haven't already, you can join all the fun HERE but mostly HERE.

Henny Fiserova came up with a gorgeously delicate colourway!


And Sandra Salas has dipped her magic hook into her bejewelled box of vibrant colours once again.


For more Hibiscus Tea eye-candy just head on over to the Ravelry pattern page or IG.

Part Two, where we extend our work to a Block measuring 50cm x 50 cm will be available Friday 24 May ( or sooner if no Gremlins entangle themselves in the works! ). 

Until then, happy weekend and I hope you find all the time you need to crochet
( mindfully, of course) and revive a little after your busy week.

๐Ÿ’—Jen







49 comments:

  1. Love this! Orange is my favorite colour today because it features in the sunrise... the promise in the new day...and in the sunset... the serenade at the end of the day
    Tomorrow I will probably have a different favorite colour lol!!!
    Oh and my Ravelry name is Azelee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also tend to be attracted to certain colours at certain time but I think all tones of Orange have that special edge for me! :D XX

      Delete
  2. I just love all sorts of colour combination - mainly depending on what mood I'm in. At the moment I want 'tranquil' colours as I'm going through a rough patch of my life. The Revivalist Colour Mood is just perfect. It gives me a 'soothing' feeling. I adore your work by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite colour is blue and my ravelry name is bimbake xx

      Delete
    2. I agree, Ingrid, I also tend to be attracted to calmer colours when my inner world ( or outer world ) is in turmoil. :-) xox

      Delete
  3. I love pastel sea green. Because it comes with a very cool and refreshing feeling in our long, harsh summers here in Pakistan..
    salehawaseem at ravelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saleha, yes such a soothing, cooling and healing colour especially for a hot climate. Same here in Cape Town, those colours are popular through the Summer months which are so hot and dry! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Well for me it all depends on my mood. I love bright colors... I love pastels. Secondly it also depends where I wish to place the master piece and what is the color scheme around it. I would love to make this doily in a darker brighter shade. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
    My ravelry id is aminausmankhan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amina, I think colour has such an incredible influence on our lives, our moods and our memories! I really struggle to select colours for my designs, but so many people are absolute naturals and I admire that talent! :-) xx

      Delete
  5. My favorite color is blue. Thee are so many shades that it can go with every mood and design because it's the color of hope, happiness and sadness. To me it can be the shades of love because the sky was a brilliant blue when I laid eyes on my husband. Tjecmom100

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Blue! My youngest son is named Blue. He does have Blue eyes and a very sensitive and artistic nature too. When I was a child I loved Blue but as an adult I tend to go for Orange! :D xx

      Delete
  6. I love pastel pink colour because it gives a soft touch and looks very pleasent when used. Light colours always give a cool affect on one's eyes in summers especially...
    Beenishayaz in ravalrey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment Pink is my favourite colour too...it's a heart-centred colour reminding us to love ourselves and to love others.Today I bought a pair of pink military style hiking boots! Next Friday I'll post a pic to the Blog. :D xx

      Delete
  7. I love rainbow colors
    Amber syed at ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite color? Hmm... I've always had a fondness for red. But lately I'm drawn to blues. But really how can a person choose just 1. PS... love your color mood.
    AmyTheGR8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh. I love Grace's designs... going to check out Zoya right now!

      Delete
    2. Colour definitely seems to find us depending on our moods and situations. I think that's fascinating how we are drawn to certain colours and reject some. For example, I do not own a single Black item of clothing! Ever! :D Omgosh I love Grace's doilies too...and now I've found Zoya...wish I could find the time to make all these patterns I'm giving away! Haha! xx

      Delete
  9. It's difficult to name a favourite colour, becoz every colour has its uniquness i love all the colours, it brightens up our life, it flows with our daily routine, tired want some relaxing colours, excited wants bright colours and so like that....

    Nidasif

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like many colours pink ,red white Beacuse all colour beautiful nd unique

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love red; deep blue-red. It so vibrant and makes me happy. I'm shelleykrueger on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite colour is sea green because it always give very refreshing effect and make the environment very cool. My ravelry username is sumera123

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite colours too, Sumera! :-) xx

      Delete
  13. I love blues
    User name Ambreenasif

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Jen for another fabulous blog and for sharing the links to such inspirational artists.Life is a wonderful journey of beauty and colour and it's always great to have the opportunity to discover new artists and artworks along the way Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making the circle bigger...colour our world, right! :-) xx

      Delete
  15. My favorite color is green, which to me represents renewal and growth. My Ravelry name is busylinty. Thanks for your wonderful ideas and skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what a healing and calming colour, nature knows best. :D xx

      Delete
  16. My favorite color is fuchsia, as it reminds me of the wonderful flowers my mother grew when I was a child. My Ravelry name is Scuffster. Thank you for the patterns you continue to create. ;o}

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite color is Blue (all shades of blue) and when those blue shades are used in combination with white you can never go wrong with your color palette.
    Blue is the only color which maintains its own character in all its tones... it will always stay blue;” Raoul Dufy, French Fauvist Painter, 1877-1953
    I also like blue because it conveys sense of trust, loyalty, peace and serenity.

    I would really love to have that pattern because I like to make doilies and Zoya Matyushenko’s work is mind-bogglingly, fantabulously fantastic (Just like you..!!)

    Ravelry Name: JessicaSK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm her latest Fan! :D I hope I get time some day to also make her doilies!xx

      Delete
  18. Green is my favorite color. Reminds me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite color is green. Reminds me of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love green too! :-) Here we have winter rains and everything comes alive, so it reminds me of Winter. :-) xx

      Delete
  20. My favourite colour is a combination of red orange and pink..The vibrancy ofor life...The desire tof learn and explore..that unique shade which represents me๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  21. quickwitkat is my name and lilac is my color of choice...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love dark bourgondy red. It is such a warm colour, it feels like it embraces me.
    My Ravelryname is jackjovita

    And so sorry for the loss of Alfie.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jovita thank you. My heart is so sore. I can't even look at all the pics I took of him. He was really an incredibly special little furry soul. I will miss him forever. xox

      Delete
  23. Blue is my favorite color. Nothing like waking up to a deep blue tropical sky, or seeing the beautiful blue roofs of Paris for the first time, or staring at the many blues of the ocean that change as the sunlight shifts over the water. My Ravelry name is dubgirl03

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that took me to day dream land! :-) xox

      Delete
  24. Yellow is my favorite color because it makes me think of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And Dandelions which are one of my favourite, most useful, little flower. xx

      Delete
  25. Bonjour Jen, merci pour ton fabuleux travail et Bravo!!!Impossible de s'inscrire ร  Ravelry ...Est-ce nรฉcessaire pour faire ton projet "high-tea-floral-throw"? Je t’envoie du soleil et chaleur du sur de la France...

    ReplyDelete