Friday 3 May 2019

May Daze!

Hello, Lovelies!

Hope your week was a good one? I'm going to say it " IT'S ALREADY MAY!". Wasn't it only Christmas two weeks ago?

🌼🌼🌼

Mr Hooks'nTales and I were having an age-old conversation we swore we'd never have when we heard our Parents or Grandparents going on about how time speeds up as you get older. But, yep, that's exactly the conversation we had. We decided that the most effective way to slow down time was to do absolutely nothing at all but sit out in the garden ( preferably in a hammock ), hat over eyes, and nap. Occasional trips to the coffee machine or 'fridge were allowed. Maybe a book. I'm sorry to say but Crochet is not allowed because it definitely speeds up time! There are never enough hours in the day to finish all those projects, right!?

Today's colour mood is again Vintage themed and I'm beginning to suspect that the reason I'm so drawn to these back-in-time themed images is that I'm trying to slow down time by going backwards!

The colours I've chosen are from the recently released Scheepjes Metropolis, a fingering weight blend of 75% Merino and 25% Nylon. They come in 50g/ 200m balls and the recommended Hook size is 3mm. I should mention that I'm not paid to promote Scheepjes Yarns! These are just colours/yarns I'm crushing on at the moment and it may very well have something to do entirely with Therese Eghult @crochetedbytess colourway for High Tea!

Many of you have probably already bagged your copy of the High Tea Extension but if not you can get the Block HERE and the Extension HERE and if you're not going to do the mix and match thing, you can get the Throw HERE! I'm sorry the Throw is 60c more expensive on ETSY but that was their doing, not mine.





πŸ‘ Bangalore 052
πŸ‘ Dubai 047
πŸ‘ Sydney 048
πŸ‘ Cota 024
πŸ‘ Medan 005
πŸ‘ Liverpool 065

🌼🌼🌼

I haven't forgotten that we have some lucky Winners to announce from last Friday's GIVEAWAY of the gorgeous shawl pattern by AnaD, called Falling Blossoms. Oh my gosh, I so loved reading about your favourite flowers and I was reminded of some that were definitely high up on my favourite flowers list!

Supagran1942
BrendaKitchen
Saleha

πŸ’— CONGRATULATIONS!πŸ’—

Also, I am super excited to announce that I am pregnant! JUST KIDDING! πŸ˜‰Well, I am sort of pregnant with a brand new design! It's the second Block of the 4-Part series of High Tea mix and match Blocks and Extensions. This Block and Extension will be run as an MMAL ( mystery-make-a-long ) and the first part will be available on FRIDAY MAY 10! I've called it Hibiscus Tea and you can head on over HERE and check out the details. Here's a very teeny sneak peek.




🌼🌼🌼

Next up... our FRIDAY GIVEAWAY! You do realise I am vicariously making these gorgeous patterns through our Winners, seeing as I never have enough hours in the day left to crochet ALL. THE. PATTERNS! πŸ˜€

The pattern up for grabs for 3 x Winners is by the amazingly talented Sandra Eng (MobiusGirl on IG) I fell right in love with her Marguerite Blanket Pattern when I first saw it. I've purchased one for myself but will I ever get around to making it? Mmmmm.



Our question for today is: Which Herbal Tea is Your Favourite! Mine is definitely Hibiscus. Its tangy tart flavour is just up my herbal tea street ( although Coffee remains my first love ). Leave your comments in the comment section below and don't forget to add your Ravelry name!

I hope you all have a wonderfully peaceful and luxurious weekend. Don't forget to spoil yourself!

See you in Crochetland
πŸ’— Jen



PS: On a non-yarny related subject, a few of you Lovelies were asking about Alfie? Maybe this pic says it all? He's in his element!





























49 comments:

  1. Rose hips tea. Sweet and a pretty color.
    Bluebird2320

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo...I love Rosehip tea too! Now I have to go and find some to add to my stock! Thanks for the reminder! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. I LOOOVE ginger and lemon peel - spicy citrusy warmth! It reminds me of Winter, my favorite season.
    PS: Soooo excited about the MMAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maryke! It's the one tea that makes my eyes water! Anything lemony...but Ginger, yes please! Those citrus fragrances are yummy though! :-) I'm so excited by the MMAL too...I don't know why because it's always such an enormous amount of work for me and I'm trying to slow time down by doing less! :D xox

      Delete
  3. Ginger tea is my favourite
    MissKrisLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ginger in everything, Kris! :D XX

      Delete
  4. Hi, your work is gorgeous Please advise how the patterns work. Does each block have its own extension Or do you join all 4 blocks then do the extension . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D The 4 x Blocks and the 4 x Extensions are all separate patterns. Each Block has it's own Extension.The idea though is that once all 4 Blocks and all 4 Extensions are published you will have a choice of mixing and matching different Extensions to different Blocks. I guess this would mean that you'd make ( or wait for all the block patterns to be published ) all four Blocks and then decide which of the four separate Extensions you like to add? Of course you don't need to use the Extensions to make the Block into a Throw. You could also double up on the squares and just attach them together to make a blanket eg: 16 x Blocks would make a 2m x 2m blanket ( each Block is 50cm x 50cm ). Hope that makes sense? :D XX

      Delete
  5. I'm a herbal tea drinker as I can't drink black tea. Instant belly ache. Love all kind of brands but my favorite comes from my own garden. Secretly stole it from Pyramid tea's, their morning tea. Hint of citrus verbena,rosehip,blackcurrant and strawberry leaves, bit of honey. Speaking of honey. The south african honey bush is my favorite too. So mjummie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Mint, Sage and Lavender growing in the garden and I have on occasion made a brew! Nothing like brewing herbs from your own garden! :D Oh my gosh, Tineke, can you get Honey Bush Tea in Holland? Do you ever drink Rooibos? :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Suki Ren Berry is delicious and tastes as good as it smells weavingheartuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that one, but I'll do a spot of research! It sounds fabulous!! :D xx

      Delete
  7. hibiscus! Iced in the summer. mmmm. squishy0313

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't actually drink tea, but would still like to enter the contest. I think if I did drink tea it would be the fruity ones - pomegranate, passion fruit, peach....if they make such flavours lol Ravelry id is pattyks44

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely, there are all those flavours out there, somewhere. :D I'm not a regular Tea drinker but herbal teas are quite another story. I love them! :-) xx

      Delete
  9. I am afraid I am a coffeee girl, but I do make lots of green tea and turn that into kombucha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,good idea! I'm a coffee girl too but I also love Kombucha...would really like to learn how to make it. :-) xx

      Delete
  10. I love any type of mint tea but I mostly drink coffee. When I was a child, my grandmother would make a spiced tea mixture. Sweet memories. Your tiny reveal is beautiful, Jen. My Ravelry name is yoyarncarol. Thank you for such creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is anything with vanilla. Thank you. Ravelry name is cksteffen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don’t drink a lot of tea so I’m not familiar with many herbal teas... I’m sure there are many out there that I would like. But recently in the first trimester of my current pregnancy I was into lemon zinger. Love that lemon kick! My ravelry name is scotchchick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lemons are one of natures most efficient medicines. Good for so much! :D xx

      Delete
  13. Juanitas
    Love chai spice tea as well ginger, lemon and comfrey tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All lovely and healthy herbal teas! :D XX

      Delete
  14. Hi Jen, I'm still looking for a copy of "The Sunburned Queen". I think of you and your story about the spice market each time I go to the tea shop. I love Strawberry Kiwi and Hot Cinnamon Sunset by Harney & Son. It's quite good tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can locate a copy for you! Oooo...that Hot Cinnamon Tea sounds delicious and perfect for our cooler weather here in Cape Town. :-) xx

      Delete
  15. Coffee and good old fashioned English tea are my first choice...I do have a fondness for Jasmine tea though. Absolutely LOVE your designs. Ravelry: jaycee1422.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hugs to the Gorgeous Alfie Xx and thank you so much once again for sharing your wonderful tales of joy and happiness. I love your beautiful Colour Mood board,the colours are so inspiring.Congrats to all of this week's competition winners,I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely blankets when they're crocheted

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes. My tea choices are the standard, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, but I do enjoy a nice Chai tea and when I really want to get decadent, I go with a Dragon Pearl tea (hand-rolled Jasmine). My ravelry name is Tillypunkin. Thanks Jen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...I forgot how much I like Jasmine Tea! I love how the tiny leaves unfurl! :-) xx

      Delete
  18. I am a 6 to 8 cuppa tea a day girl. I love anything that has a citrus base, and love Five Roses Orange Black Tea, and whenever I can get it I go for Chai Tea. enjoy that earthy, cinnamon spicy tea. Ravelry name Jennyfive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowzers, Jenny!I come from a Fam that had a pot of tea always close by and here I am primarily a Coffee lover! I do love those citrusy teas though. :-) xx

      Delete
  19. I got a delicious coconut tea on my trip to Tahiti last year. You’ve inspired me to have a cup this morning. My Ravelry name is melmelbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut Tea? That does sound very exotic ( and delicious ). :-) xx

      Delete
  20. I love peppermint tea. It opens up the airways and tastes so good. My Ravelry name is fern2176

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hibiscus Tea makes me just want to snuggle, with it.....I can't wait to get started but, I WILL! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the starting time is NOW! :D xx

      Delete
  22. Always a green tea fusion. At the top of the list green tea strawberrie, then green tea lemon and in the evening it's green tea chai. My preferred brand is Clipper :-). My Ravelry name is Loesjebowie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that does sound like a very healthy Green Tea thing you've got going on there, Marjolein! :-) xx

      Delete
  23. My favourite has to be rooibos. Refreshing and versatile. Also reminds me of home in South Africa ���� which I left in 2001. My revelry name is Wit40iwtwan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha! Yes nothing tastes quite like home! Good old Rooibos! xx

      Delete
  24. I make a rose hip, hibiscus and passionflower tea. Soothing, soft floral notes with a little tangy afternote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ravelry name is kimmi2u

      Delete
    2. Thanks for entering, Kim, your Tea sounds amaaaaazing! I must try that blend! xx

      Delete
  25. I love so many hard to pin a Favorite. Currently my ultimate is lemon,ginger & manila honey. Its spicy sweet organic bliss.

    ReplyDelete