Friday 28 June 2019

June, where did you go?

Happy Friday, Yarnarinnas!
Hope all is well in your patch of Crochetland?

πŸŒ‚⛆πŸŒ‚

I'm writing to you from a very brrrrrrrrrrrr Cape Town! It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring...do you remember that little rainy-day ditty we used to sing as children when we were bored to tears staying indoors and all we wanted to do was be allowed out to play with the rain? I had five little brothers and we'd sing that song at the top of our lungs until threatened with " wait until your Father gets home!". πŸ˜† One of the fabbest things about being a grown-up is we get to do all the things we weren't allowed to do as children, except that now we WANT to stay indoors, snuggled up with the fur-kids, hot-choc close by, Netflix ( I'm binge watching Suits at the mo ) and a basket filled with rainbow Yarn!

This morning I was Yarn crushing ( again ) over on the Scheepjes website and seriously, does the Cahlista not have the yummiest names for their colours? I've always loved a pantry-kitchen so this image is on my kitchen-remodelling-mood board. Our kitchen was last remodelled by my late parents-in-law, probably in the 70's? Weirdly, because I know they are practical, I have always had an aversion to kitchen units or built-in kitchens as we call them here. I'm loving these Pantry Pastels! Again, there are several different colour combinations we could use here but I settled on these:



                                                                                   πŸ’—


Next! If you are making the Hibiscus Tea Floral Block and The Extension ( in three Parts ) then do check your Ravelry Library for Part 2 of the Extension which I've just made available. It's only 15 x Rounds but it's a fiddly 15 x Rounds so I've kept Part 2 short for that reason. Just take your time. The upside is there are a few repetitive rounds so you CAN watch your fav program on Netflix ( or crochet Podcast! ).

I'm using the same colours I used for The Block + Part 1 but I have added two new colours Mushroom and Buttermilk. So far I've used just over 2 x Graphite. I will update the Colour List in the NOTES section on the Ravelry Pattern Page ( the Extension ) so do keep checking back from time to time.

For more information and general all 'round help please join our Group ( if you haven't already! ).




 πŸ’—

From what I can see, you are all loving the Sunday Folk Hexie! Thank you so much for all the kind and encouraging comments. It just makes me want to make more Hexies! I wasn't going to make a  throw but then this happened. Christie Bailey, one of our super-talented Members over on the Group went ahead and made this! Gollygoshgeewhizz is all I can say! I just LOVED IT! So now, of course, there is most definitely going to be a Sunday Folk Hexie Throw and/or a cushion-sized Block.  I have designed the 2 x half-hexies which you will need to fill your vertical and horizontal spaces to square off your Throw/Block. I'll be releasing those patterns plus the Layout and Sizing for the Throw and the Block next week "some time" ( in-between making the pattern for Part 3 of our Hibiscus Extension ). It's raining outside...what else can I do!? 😊



πŸ’—

Next up, please do check your Ravelry Library to see if you are one of our Lucky Friday Giveaway Winners of the Hotel of Bees Shawl by Christina Hadderingh!

Our Giveaway this Friday is actually a KNITTING pattern! I feel bad forgetting about all our wonderfully creative Knitters out there and it is my dream to be able to Knit beyond my Grade 1 level (I can knit a very basic plain-purl sweater). I stumbled upon a super talented Knitter who happens to live right here in South Africa! Her name in Noma Ndlovu and she's been knitting and designing since she was five years old. She has loads of really beautiful, contemporary Knits available on Ravelry. You can find her on IG HERE. I loved this simply beautiful scarf and it's up for grabs!



All you have to do to win a copy of this lovely pattern is comment in the comments section below. Don't forget to leave your Ravelry name. It's as easy as that!

Until next time, Lovelies!
Hope you have a peaceful and happy weekend.
πŸ’—Jen

8 comments:

  1. I love your beautiful pastel colourway Jen but please stop inspiring me to start new projects,I'm already completely out of control.My favourite weather is when it's cool and pouring with rain so I can snuggle up inside with an amazing Hooks'nTales pattern to work and that's exactacally what I'm doing with the beautiful Part 2 of the Hibiscus Tea Extension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha..I love this cool and rainy time and I'm making the most of it with several projects on the go at once. :D Enjoy your weekend, Noelene! xx

      Delete
  2. I think I need to live in Biblical times, right about when Noah was building his ark - there wouldn't be any need for excuses then, I could just sit squidged in amongst my stash and crochet and/or knit to my hearts content while it rained and rained and rained :D Love your patterns Jen and your blog is the best, you are such a lovely warm hearted person and spread soooo many smiles with your gorgeous designs and heartfelt blog. Thank you <3 PS MrsNeedlehooks is my rav name and I am so glad you introduced me to your talented friend, Noma Ndlovu. Love her scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, Mrs Needlehooks! :D I wish I had two extra arms so that I could still crochet but also learn brioche knitting. Hope your weekend is fab and that you do get a chance to sit squidged in amongst your stash. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pouring with rain here in Cambridge, Massachusetts, but this English woman feels right at home and happily working on Wildflower cushion to go with round Hibiscus! Thank you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday we took our Roxy for her walkies and the only people we met along the way were British! We laughed and commented as we passed each other! And of course Mr HooksnTales is from the UK! All the dogs had a great time, splashing about in the streams. It's not only mad dogs and Englishmen out in the midday sun but out in the pouring rain too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in sunny Perth Western Australia i have been busy crocheting my High Tea Floral Block which I absolutely love, its not the enjoyment of creating this beautiful piece but its also about the journey I cant wait to put my headphones on at night turn on the youtube and off I go Jen you are wonderful at explaining all the little details in such a calm voice, I feel like Im in South Africa living in your funny noisy street its as though Im reading a book and actually there.Im always listening out for the neighbour on the motor bike the dogs barking in the distance the renovators up the road You could write a wonderfully funny book,I cant wait to tune in for the extension Regards Joanne Keays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that lovely comment, Joanne! xx

      Delete