Friday 8 March 2019

Burning Berries!

Hello Yarnarinnas!🌹

No, I am not making Jam! 😊

The Colour Friday theme is centred around this lush, blush, burning bright berry bowl!
Why you might ask? I'll tell you why! On Sunday, a very silly person left her hat in the car, then went on a six-hour hike and consequently got so badly burned by the African Sun that she looked like a brightly coloured Berry. With legs. You've guessed correctly. That "very silly person" is, of course, moi!

To add insult to injury I also had more than a touch of sunstroke and was quite ill for three days! Well, that was a first ( and hopefully a last too ). Luckily I was fully stocked with the most amazing burn remedy product made by a company right here in sunshiney South Africa called Bee Natural. Honestly, this is not a plug for their product BUT THIS STUFF IS AMAAAAZINNNGGG! Besides the Burn Remedy, I also applied two full leaves of a large Aloe Vera growing in my front garden. You know how that works right? Just slice a "leaf" off at the base, trim off the prickles on each side. Then, "fillet" the leaf, scoop out the gel and pop it into the 'fridge for a bit.
That stuff works miracles on a bad sunburn.🐝 I'm back to my normal colour now, thanks to the Bees! 💗


I'm sure many of you Lovelies who live elsewhere on our beautiful planet will probably have similar products ( I'd love to hear about them! ) or your own "sunburn remedies"? Please share!

In the meantime, I wish you a wonderfully relaxing and sunshiney weekend,  with lots of yarn and Netflix thrown in for good measure!

See you in Crochetland! ( if you click the link it will take you to our fab workshop group ).
Jen 💋

The Yarn: Scheepjes Colour Crafter 100% Premium Acrylic
Colours Are:

🐑 Appledoorn 1435
🐑 Drachten  1827
🐑 Amstelveen 1277
🐑 Emmen 1116
🐏 Charleroi 2016
🐑 Helmond 1724
🐑 Veenendaal 1064






1 comment:

  1. I hope you're all healed now Jen and that you're more in the mood for a nice smooth and creamy Vanilla colourway rather than the bright red berries Xx 💖 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete