Wednesday 28 February 2018

Let It Rain, Let It Rain, Let it rain!



Hello again, fellow Yarnies, and as you can see, still struggling to let go of this theme...Let It Rain!



Our drought persists. Our water restrictions persist. Everyone has their eyes trained on the tiniest wisp of cloud floating innocently towards landmass, over the Atlantic Ocean, willing it to grow into a big mama Cumulus of a rain cloud. It works, all that concentration! But then, the Wind gets involved and blows those rain-laden clouds over the mountain and the next day I get a phone call from my 85-year-old Aunty Anne, who lives many, many miles north complaining about the massive, terrifying cloudburst of a storm they experienced overnight! So not fair, right?



Of course all this dry, all this parched Earth and shriveling leaves, the dust and relentless heat only makes me want to immerse, all the way to the pebbly bottom, deep under a clear, cooling babbling stream and remain there until I am well watered, inside and out!



It was then, such a pleasure, to work with the Scheepjes Colour Crafter Velvet in the cooling colours of Taylor and Dean. I made the Wrap extra long...like a river of water where the sweet and succulent green leaves gently bob on its sparkly surface. I can imagine though, that this Wrap will look equally beautiful in fresh, bright Spring colours, so I am already excited to see what you talented Lovelies come up with!



This pattern was really fun and sort of challenging to write seeing as there are basically lots of repeats! And, OF COURSE, there are Videos throughout so you cannot go wrong. You can also have a peek here, in the NOTES section to see how many balls I used! Should you get stuck at any point the fabulous Admins on our Hooks 'n Tales Pattern Workshop Group are always ready to lend a hand, so don't be shy to ask!


Of course, this pattern isn't only for a Wrap and it's why I've called it a Blanket * Wrap! The pattern is very easy once the penny drops and therefore also very easy to downsize or upsize, depending on how you want to use it! I can already see it as a full Queen size Throw! 😉 The other advantage is that there are very few ends to work in! Yay!! 😊
I cannot wait for our Autumn weather to set in so that I can stroll around the garden, with my early morning coffee, all snug in my Wrap, watching our poor garden revive after the first good rains! Keep us in your thoughts and don't forget to make them very rainy! 😊

So, without further ado...Let It Rain, Let It Rain, Let it Rain!





❤ Jen 

5 comments:

  1. Love the shawl/blanket Jen let it rain, where i live we get mostly rain but I do love the colours. How much to make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Marjorie! :D Please send us some of your rain! I have added yarn info to the notes on the Ravelry pattern page. I'll actually add the link to this blog post, then you can just click on the link. :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading about your lack of rain Jen, I've decided to send you some of ours & to stop complaining about all our rain which in light of your circumstances is quite a blessing! We have been living under dark gray rain sodden clouds for weeks. Thank you for the necessary reality check on my part! Your blanket/shawl is very beautiful & I'm looking forward to plunging into these luscious blues! ☔ Annie B.

    ReplyDelete