Thursday 31 December 2015

2015.Done and Dusted.

This morning, while sweltering over a cup of coffee I found myself feeling a bit glum. Not about the usual things like world poverty, floods and earthquakes but mostly about not finishing a project I promised myself would not see the light of day in 2016 with it's tails still showing. I am only two thirds of the way weaving in fourteen sets of nine granny squares. It started out as this, Lucy's lovely Harmony Blanket design and then of course, because I'm neurotic ( or something ), I had to go and complicate the whole shebang by designing thirteen different squares ( you know, because life isn't complicated enough, right? ). Anyhow, so the blanket is still a WIP. To cheer myself up I wandered through my Crochet Projects file, and noted that, in fact, I had completed a fair body of work. Also, I had completely forgotten about the 162 pairs of boobie covers I'd crocheted for an Expo! ALSO, it had slipped my mind as to just how much I enjoyed designing and crocheting each and every pair. In fact, if it wasn't that there was a budget I had to adhere to, I would have kept going!







And that cheered me up so much that I had a Xmas Mince Pie, vegan, of course...and another cup of coffee. I'm easy to please.

For 2016, a lovely poem, and every word, I wish for you.

"May light always surround you;
Hope kindle and rebound you.
May your hurts turn to healing;
Your heart embrace feeling.
May wounds become wisdom;
Every kindness a prism.
May laughter infect you;
Your passion resurrect you.
May goodness inspire
your deepest desires.
Through all that you reach for.
May your arms never tire."
~ D. Simone

Love always,
Jen
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful poem - I will share on FB. Thank you.
    Blessings for the New Year ahead. <3

    ReplyDelete