Thursday 11 October 2018

From Cushion to Throw!

Hello, Lovelies! I hope you are all well in your patch of Crochetland?

You may have already heard... the Fynbos Protea 3-in-One Pattern ( Hexie, Circle, Square ) is upsizing to a rectangle shaped Throw! It has been sitting there, in my comfy wingback rocking chair... looking at me as if to say " really, a Square, a mere Cushion, a measly part of a larger design? How could you, Jen!" My aim is to extend the Block to 1m x 1.2m, the perfect size for throwing over your legs on a hot chocolate and fireplace Winter's night while watching four entire seasons of  "Grand Designs" on Netflix ( oops! 😄 ).


Just as my Animals speak to me and I answer, just as I talk to the flowers in my garden and listen to their response, well...I do also talk to my patterns! Some patterns are very happy and satisfied at 10cm x 10cm or smaller. They are quiet, they look content anyway, while others seem to squirm for attention from me...they want to grooooow! I'm a good crochet Mama...I oblige. Fynbos Protea will be a 4 -in-One pattern!

The reason for this post is to let you know that I will continue using the fabulous Stone Washed by Scheepjes Yarns. You may be happy when I tell you that I will do this extension in one pattern file as opposed to multiple Parts. Everyone who has already purchased the pattern ( THANK YOU!!! ) will receive an update ( no extra cost! ) as soon as this extension is complete. For those of you who have yet to purchase the pattern, perhaps you may want to wait, or...get stuck into Part One in the meantime?

I can't say EXACTLY how soon Part Two will be completed...but I am on it like Cream on Strawberries!

Watch this space!
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Fynbos is going to celebrate in your magic touch Jen.. can't wait to see the extension. Thank you once again for sharing your amazing talents with us less gifted, you are greatly appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Mimi you always say such nice things about my patterns! I appreciate your kind words to the moon and back. I'm excited to be extending this block...I don't know why I thought it would be happy as a cushion! :D XXX

      Delete
  2. I've loved working on the fabulous first part of the Fynbos Protea and I can't wait to get my Hook into the rest of it's gorgeousness.Thanks again Jen for another awesome design Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Noelene! Can't wait to see what you make of it with your amazing colourways! xxx

      Delete
  3. You are a crochet Rock Star Jen!!! I have 8 grandchildren and I am making a throw for each of them - (6 done, 2 to go). I have been looking out for the perfect design for my 8 year old granddaughter and as soon as I saw this design I knew it would be just right. I was thinking I would try to marry it with one of your designs to make it bigger and now my wishes have come true - it spoke to you! I spoke to you! probably many more of us were thinking along the same lines. Crochet minds think alike - do you think we all meet up in our dreams?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sandra I really did hear all those little voices saying...you must make the Throw! :D But also there were emails too asking the same thing! It was meant to be! :D xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi there, i purchased the cushion but never received the extention (throw) is it possible to resend it to me please. Kind Regards Amor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I purchased it in November :0 if i have to re-purchase its not the end of the world cheers A

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just purchased it again so not to worry about resending

    ReplyDelete