Monday 6 February 2017

Frida's Flowers Colourway Video




Hi Everyone, I hope this post finds you well after the weekend! Hopefully, you managed to find some time to play a little hooky?

Last year after the Frida's Flowers CAL, designed by the amazingly talented Jane Crowfoot, and hosted by Stylecraft Yarns, I posted my version to social media along with all the other spectacular Frida's and for some reason, my Frida, with its soft vintage colours, was a big hit! Since then I still get asked about the colours I used and which colours replaced the CAL's suggested colours. I used about half the colours recommended. Well, I had a brainwave this morning and decided a good way to answer everyone's questions would be to make a video. So I did!





Hope this answers all the queries. I have no idea how many skeins I used because I never thought there would be so much interest in this version. A bit of each colour...is about an accurate guesstimate. 😄




4 comments:

  1. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! This was such a help. I was sitting down today to look again at the photos and figure out what goes where and which of my colorways I want to use where and lo and behold....this video!!! You're a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! I'm so glad it was helpful! Please feel free to ask if there's anything else. :D xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your color pallette! I did not understand the name of the brand of yarn you used. I wrote down all the colors from your video. Please help me with the brand name. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cyndee! It's Elle Yarns Family Knit DK 100% Acrylic. They have a wide range of yarns in all sorts of fibres. :D
      http://sur.ly/o/elleyarns.com/AA000014

      Delete