Thursday 7 July 2016

For the love of Colour!

I love colour ( who doesn't )!! I see inspiration in so many things. Mentally, I'm always breaking images up into balls of yarn and crochet projects. I like fairly simple palettes and get confused with too many colours. Five colours seem to work best for me. I may add one extra colour for an accent. Also, I enjoy making colour palettes, using Microsoft Publisher, from images. I'm a very visual person. If you want to teach me anything, you'll have to draw pictures! :D

I usually always use one or both of these yarns. Elle Family Knit DK or Elle Pure Gold DK. They are both good quality acrylic yarn, and also reasonably priced. Especially if you're into crocheting blankets and afghans. Although the Pure Gold is a bit softer, working them both into a piece hasn't been a problem for me. Both DKs come in a lovely selection of colours, and that's why I mostly choose them. Naturally, they are free of animal fibres, so suitable for Vegetarians ( like me! ). Naturally, I give names to my little colour palettes. It helps with remembering what's what!

Beautiful Spring Palette from Design Seeds!




* A Warm Winter


  • Elle Yarn Pure Gold DK - Silver
  • Elle Yarn Pure Gold DK - Moonstone
  • Elle Yarn Pure Gold DK - Soft Moss
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Duck Egg
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Snow Moon




* Midnight Owl


  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Denim
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Crocus
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Duck Egg
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Mistletoe
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Snow Moon
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Stone





* Spicy Winter

  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Soft Lime
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Citrus
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Cognac
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Turquoise
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Sunshine



* Winter Floral

  • Elle Yarn Family Knik DK - Light Grey
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Shell Pink
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Duck Egg
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Aqua
  • Elle Yarn Family Knit DK - Coral




* Rustic Winter
  • Elle Pure Gold DK - Mist
  • Elle Pure Gold DK - Bark
  • Elle Pure Gold DK - Titanium
  • Elle Pure Gold DK - Silver
  • Elle Pure Gold DK - Ivory and/or Hazelnut




* Vintage Tea

  • Elle Family Knit DK - Apricot and Coral Rose
  • Elle Family Knit DK - Coral
  • Elle Family Knit DK - Pale Rose
  • Elle Family Knit DK - Soft Lime
  • Elle Family Knit - Beige




* Plum Crazy:
  • Elle Pure Gold DK    - Petrol*  Clementine*
  • Elle Family Knit DK - Winter Sky* Olive*
  • Charity DK                - Pine*





* Pastel Tea



* Earth and Sky




 Love, always!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I do, very much, enjoy designing these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your colour palettes, especially since I also like to use these yarns.

    ReplyDelete